Over the last week or so, there has been several posts written on Liberal theology.
- The discussion began with Roger Olson posting on why he isn’t a Liberal.
- James McGrath, Tony Jones, Frank Schaeffer and Scot McKnight all followed up with responses.
- Tony Jones posted a follow up on Frank Schaeffer’s post.
- Bo Sanders jumped into the discussion, stating that there is a difference between Liberal and Progressive Christians.
- Scot McKnight responded to Sander’s post.
This ongoing discussion got me thinking about the label I associate with (or in some cases, get lumped in with). Although, I was surprised to see that Postliberal Christianity was left out of the discussion. As I read through theses posts, the question for me has become which label do I actually fit in with? Am I a Liberal Christian? A Progressive Christian? Or a Postliberal Christian? In some way, I can resonate with all three, probably because I was exposed to all three during my seminary years.