I like to share what apps I’m using most frequently for blogging, so here is my up-to-date list (sorted by device).
- Evernote-Cloud based notes, very versatile and able to be synced across all my devices. This is a must have. I find the free version is sufficient for my needs.
- Catch-Another cloud based note app. Not as flashy as Evernote, but still comes in handy.
- Pocket-Formerly ‘Read It Later‘. I love this app. I use this to save those random web pages I find when i’m surfing the web.
- Reeder-My RSS reader of choice. Syncs with Google Reader and can share with Twitter, Pocket, Evernote, Facebook and Instapaper. I just wished I could share with Google +.
- Logos-While I don’t have any of the big packages, I do have Luther’s Works. Nice to have access to 55 volumes in one convenient location.
- Kindle for Mac-I don’t usually read from my laptop, but will go back and make notes on my highlights.
- MarsEdit-My blogging app of choice on my laptop.
- Flipboard-I use Flipboard more for the political and tech stuff I read. Keeps my RSS reader focused on religion and theology.
- Instapaper-I don’t always have time to read blog posts when I’m going through Reeder. All I have to do is send them to Instapaper and I can read them when I have the time.
- YouVersion-As a Bible app, I love YouVersion as it has most of the translations I use (CEB, CEV, and NET). I only wish there was a NRSV version available. Translations can be downloaded for offline viewing.
- WordPress-Not used for blogging per se. Mostly used for checking stats, comments, etc. when I’m out an about.
- Poster-I don’t do much blogging from my phone, but when I do, this is my app of choice. It’s way better than the WordPress app.
I’m always on the lookout for good, new app. If you have any suggestion, feel free to send them my way.