I alluded to it the other day. Beginning tomorrow, I will be completely off the grid. I’m heading up to Holden Village for a few days. That means no cellphone, no interent, no computer, no iPad. This was originally meant to be a youth retreat, but due to a series of events, the youth decided not to go. So, I’m going by myself.
Because the youth aren’t going with me, I don’t really have anything planned except to read. Along with my Bible (I haven’t decided what translation to take) and a journal, I’ve packed a few books to take with me:
- Connecting with God in a Disconnected World by Carolyn Coon Mowchan and Damian Anthony Vraniak
- Radical Together by David Platt
- The Next Story by Tim Challies
- The Nature of Love by Thomas Jay Oord
- Angelology by Danielle Trussini