Here’s a list of my Lenten disciplines for this 2011:
- Work on improving my overall health. This has many components to it.
- Exercise on a regular basis. (5 times a week, for at least 30 minutes)
- Eat healthier.
- Give up all soda and all sugary drinks such as lattes. (Note: I will not be giving up caffeine for Lent. I get very, very cranky when I don’t get some caffeine. I will be sticking to black coffee and tea. This is also not a Lenten sacrifice, but a means to an end. Hopefully I will maintain the sugar free lifestyle when it comes to drinks and only have a soda/latte on a rare occasion.)
- Spend at least 30 minutes a day in prayer. This can include doing Daily Prayer with my wife.
- Working through the Book of Faith Lenten Journey: Seven Wonders of the Word.
- Read the book of Job daily.
- Read the book of Lamentations weekly.
- Write on letting go of my anger.