Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) show us just how much of a warmonger he really is.
Hawkish talk from Senator Lindsey Graham, at the Halifax International Security Forum Saturday, electrified the group, when Graham outlined in no uncertain terms, his advice to the president if sanctions failed to deter Iran’s push towards nuclear weapons.
Graham didn’t mince words with his steps to “… sink their Navy, destroy their Air Force and deliver a decisive blow to their Revolutionary Guard; in other words, neuter that regime.”
As a proponent of the just-war tradition, I cannot support Senator Graham’s words. Just because Iran may or may not have the capability to make nuclear bombs is not enough to justify a strike against Iran, there has been no actual injury to the United States or any of her allies. Other means need to be exhausted before we even consider the military option.
To strike at Iran and “neuter” their military at this juncture show just how much of a warmonger Lindsey Graham is. No one should take this advice seriously.
- Lindsey Graham in a confrontational mood (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Lindsey Graham Makes The Case For Strike On Iran (huffingtonpost.com)
- Lindsey Graham is a War Loving Fool (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Senator Lindsey Graham Urges War With Iran, Confrontation With China (alan.com)
- Lindsey Graham Makes The Case For Strike On Iran (capitolhillblue.com)
- ‘Neuter’ Iran, U.S. senator tells Halifax conference (cbc.ca)
- U.S. Senator Discusses Possible War with Iran (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- You: US senator sees war with Iran, ‘confrontation’ with China (nation.com.pk)